Theology can get confusing but at the end of the day here is what drives the Crossings
Finding the lost, restoring the found, and making our world better
To connect the reality of God to the reality of life
- The church is without walls, a 24/7 living organism of hope in the world that not only proclaims the good news, but is the good news.
- Every person has tremendous value, is irreplaceable, and matters.
- The grace of God opens the doors to all, no matter where they are on their spiritual journey.
- The Bible is the final word: truth never changes but life and culture do.
- A person’s God-given potential can only be realized and lived out as they are united in a caring community of other Christ Followers.
- Unity in diversity results in God’s blessing. No cloning allowed.
- God entrusts each Christ Follower with a variety of talents, skills, and resources to be used generously in redeeming and restoring a lost and broken humanity.
- A commitment to excellence both honors God and inspires people.
- At the end of the day it’s all about loving God and loving people.
Every church has a personality—a culture—which is defined not so much by its beliefs as it is by the way those beliefs are lived out in the life of the church.
Below are the top ten defining marks of the Crossings’ culture which are deeply rooted in who we are, what we believe, and why we exist.
1. the Crossings is a community of real people facing common challenges who are seeking to connect the reality of God to every area of life.
2. the Crossings is open to all, no matter where they are on their spiritual journey, and brings through its doors those who are in need of the grace, hope, and forgiveness found only in Jesus Christ.
3. the Crossings language is one of relevance and clarity so everyone can understand and experience the reality of God, regardless of their background or place in life.
4. the Crossings holds its structure loosely as it relates to our changing times, but it is uncompromising in its commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
5. the Crossings is made up of diverse people of all ages who look, think, and act differently, yet are united as one church to honor God and make Him known.
6. the Crossings holds firmly to the core doctrines of the Christian faith, yet it leaves room for personal convictions as long as they are neither divisive or disruptive to its mission and vision.
7. the Crossings facilitates a variety of large gatherings yet it is in the connection of smaller relational communities that the true life of the church is experienced and life-change happens.
8. the Crossings is a community of people who joyfully volunteer their time, talents, and resources in serving to advance the heart and purposes of God through the church.
9. the Crossings strongly supports Biblical issues of morality and justice, but does so from a non-partisan position that neither supports nor promotes any political party, candidate, or agenda.
10. the Crossings is not only a storehouse of the goodness of God but a warehouse that distributes that goodness beyond its walls into its community and world.